در این متـن میخوانـــیم :
There are some Koranic verses indicating that the Prophet refused to perform same miracles asked by some disbelievers, the following verses of the Koran confirm the request of disbeliever from the prophet upon creating some unreasonable miracles in order to believe in him:
1. They say: “we will never believe in you unless you cause a spring to gush forth the earth for us,
2. Or have a garden full of date palm s and grapevines and make rivers gush forth plentifully through the midst of them.
3. Or you cause the sky to fall in pieces on us just as claim, or bring God and His angels to vouch for you,
4. or you have a luxurious house built, or soar up into the sky, we will never believer in your climbing up there until you bring a book for us to read. Say: “Glory be to my Lord! Am I anything but a human messenger?” (17:90-93)
All these verses above well indicate that the disbelievers requested for the miracles obtaining their own benefit (a garden full of date palms, etc) in fact they did not consider miracle , they just requested for the miracles on pretext of believing in the God and the prophet.
They wanted the prophet to bring God to them! It is totally unreasonable if God could be seen there would be no need for the messengers.
The prophet explains to them that the whole of the universe to God, He is present everywhere.
1. God holds the East and the west. (2:142)
2. the East and west are God wherever you may turn, will be Gods countenance, for God is Bound less, Aware! (2:115)
Acquaintance with the Koran (Morteza Motahari)
The Noble Koran (English translation by T.B.Irving)
0 Comments Share Send Print Ask about this article Add to favorites